Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Birdhouse Crazy









I have taken a break from painting this summer and have been setting up a pottery studio with my sister Evelyne and friend Karen- we call ourselves the mud frogs.
Karen has been helping us with learning about handbuilding,wheel work,glazes,bisque firing and the list goes.
Thank-you Karen -there is so much to learn.
As you can probably see from the photos we love our birds so we have been doing a lot of birdhouses and feeders.Everything we do seems to be nature inspired .Birdbaths made from huge rhubarb and hosta leaves and of course I might just have to add that someone in our group has quite a thing for fish!
We just finished a bisque firing this morning ,so I wll keep you posted on how the glaze firing goes.
I hope you are having a great day.
Read more...
Posted by Log Cabin Studio at 2:19 PM Links to this post 4 comments

1 comment:

Dagmar said...

Wow! This is wonderful..a new blog and what great pieces of work..of course I love the birdhouses and think your header is great..now Evelyne will have to start reading all about what you guys are up by reading the blog❤
Well done to you, Karen and Evelyne☀